Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eggs

By now, everyone has heard about the egg recall. Thousands of people are sick from salmonella poisoning.


What a lot of people don’t know is that the bad eggs came from just two factory farms. 95% of eggs come from factory farms. The cute little picture of happy animals laying healthy eggs on the box is far from true. If you don’t believe me, have a look for yourself. Put “factory farm” into your search engine or on youtube.com and watch a video. You should know where the food you’re putting into you and your family comes from.

The conditions are terrible to say the least. They live and die in battery cages full of feces so small they usually cannot turn around.

As a vegan, people always ask me why I don’t eat eggs. I think it’s gross and weird. I don’t like the idea of eating something that if it was fertilized would turn into a bird. I also don’t like eating membranes.

No comments:

Post a Comment