Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disgusting Lobster Machine

The lobster zone machine is one of the most disgusting/disturbing “games” I have ever heard of. It is a claw style game where you put in money then try to grab a live lobster with a metal claw to be sent to death. The most heart breaking thing is how the lobsters react when the music starts. They panic and try to run.

Please join me in trying to get these things taken out of restaurants. We are having success. Many bars and restaurants are removing them after enough pressure.

Here is a link to the company that makes the machine.
http://www.thelobsterzone.com/contact-us

This is what I wrote. Feel free to copy and paste.

"The machine that you are selling is very disturbing. You are encouraging people to torture lobsters before they are boiled alive, killed, and eaten. How anyone could think this is OK is beyond me. I will be boycotting any and every facility that has this torture machine and telling the owners and management that the reason is because of your horrible machine. I will also be protesting these establishments. "

I also sent a letter to 59 West in Highland, Michigan who has one of these machines. Here is the link to contact them.
Here is what I wrote. Again, feel free to copy and paste.
"It is unbelievable that your establishment has a machine where people can pick lobsters up with a metal claw to send them to their death. It is inhumane, weird, barbaric, and disgusting. There is no reason to make their inevitable death a game. It is torture for the lobsters. Please remove this machine. I will be boycotting your establishment and encouraging others to do the same as long as it remains there. "

I also wrote a letter to PETA with the restaurants info so hopefully their members will send letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment