Friday, August 6, 2010

Paper Please.


Garbage has an effect on animals. It invades on their space. It chokes them. It ties them to things. It pollutes.

I was amazed when I saw the pictures of the Pacific Garbage Patch (shown at left). I had heard of it but I had never seen it until today.

Getting paper instead of plastic is easy. It’s even better to bring a bag. A lot of grocery stores are giving credit for bringing in your own bag. I live outside of Detroit and Kroger gives you 10 cents for every bag you bring in and Trader Joe’s puts you in a drawing to win prizes.

California is trying to pass a bill to ban single use plastic bags. Props to the sunshine state. You don’t have to live in Cali to show your support. Sign this petition and let’s start a trend.


http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/994/509/500?z00m=19872017

No comments:

Post a Comment